Registration is required to use full Choolip functionality. Available spaces can be browsed without registration. Registration may be through Choolip or by 3rd party e.g. social media single sign on. Choolip reserves the right to suspend or terminate accounts without notice.
All listings and location information is publicly available on the site and may be used in promotional material e.g. online advertising. The listing and the agreement made with the customer is the responsibility of the host. The host has ensured that by entering into such an agreement that this does not break any 3rd party contact such as tenancy agreements.
Choolip reserves the right to terminate listings at any time. The agreement is between the two parties and Choolip do not take any responsibility for any disputes that arise between them. Choolip is not liable for any 3rd party actions such as damage caused by guests or other tenants. Choolip recommends taking out insurance prior to any agreement starting, and that any existing insurance policies are reviewed. Images must accurately reflect the space being offered.
(1) Guest requests to book space. Both parties are notified by email.
(2) Service begins until cancelled, on a recurrent monthly payment. Please see cancellation/refund section on how to cancel your rental agreement.
(3) Monies owed to host are paid on an automated basis. Choolip pays the garden host minus any Choolip fees that are highlighted in the Service Fees section below immediately. If the garden is not as advertised and you would like to stop the agreement within the initial 7 days please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Choolip charges 8% commission to each party involved in the transaction. This fee is taken at the time of transaction
A guest can cancel without any charge whilst the rental period is waiting to be confirmed by the host. The guest fee of 8% is non-refundable unless the host cancels in which case the fee is completely refundable. Cancellation of the rental agreement can be carried out in one of two ways:
(1) Either the garden host or garden renter can cancel their agreement through their ‘My Account’ area within the Choolip website at any time and the other party will be notified by email.
(2) Either the garden host or garden renter can cancel their pre-approval contract within their PayPal account. To do so please follow these instructions:
- Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
- Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
- Select ‘My money’.
- In the ‘My pre-approved payments’ section, click ‘Update’.
- Select the merchant whose agreement you want to cancel and click ‘Cancel’.
- Click ‘Cancel Profile’ to confirm your request.
You are responsible for declaring and paying tax on anything you earn from listing on Choolip. Choolip cannot offer any further tax advice.
As a guest you are responsible for any acts or omissions leading to damage to property or persons including yourself.
As a guest you agree to the following procedure for complaints made against you:
(1) Host logs complaint with Choolip via customer services email
(2) Guest notified and given two days to respond
(3) If guest does not reply, their card will be charged for the amount claimed
(4) If guest replies but does not agree, Choolip will do our best to settle the manner to the best of our ability but ultimately any further disagreement should be settled between the two parties using the appropriate channels. Choolip cannot offer legal advice.
As a host you agree that complaints made against you that cannot be resolved by Choolip will be settled using the appropriate channels. As a guest you agree that after cancellation you remove your property from the rented site and never return. Returning can potentially result in a fee equivalent to a month’s rent.
You are responsible for vetting the person you are transacting with. Choolip is not liable for any damages caused by the agreement.
Guests are not to remove or damage anything on the property unless specifically agreed to using the site’s messaging service.
Guests are not to use the property outside the pre-agreed times unless specifically agreed to using the site’s messaging service.